I’ve been a freelancer for a few years. I’ve started in the music industry — rock, rap, hip hop, world — by coincidence or luck or both, and I’ve worked as much for music magazines as for artists and labels.
Then I met the freelance collective Youpress, and learned with them a real journalistic approach. From Kosovo to South Africa, via India, Kashmir, Lebanon, Guinea or Liberia ; covering elections, social or cultural issues, we collaborated with many magazines, Causette, Paris Match, Grazia, Marie-Claire, La Vie… and Sud-Ouest and World Sound, for whom I also wrote.
At the end of 2011, I joined the agency Wostok, to cover politics and news in France. In March 2012, the agency sent me to Moscow to cover the presidential election and following protests.
In September 2013, I quit Wostok and joined Haytham Pictures.
I covered the revolution in Ukraine in january and february 2014, and was based in Madagascar several months, between september 2014 and january 2015.
Since the end of 2015, I’m based in Stockholm, where I cover local issues and find cheap flights to Central Asia.
My archives are distributed by REA agency.
* FRANCE : Le Monde – L’OBS – Marie-Claire – Libération – Paris Match
– ELLE – NEON – So Film – Doolittle – La Croix – Terra Eco – La Vie – le Pélerin – Jeune Afrique – Le Figaro – Sept
– Marianne – TV5.org
– Grazia – Geo Ado – Le Figaro Histoire – Femme Actuelle – Actusoins
– Ouest-France – le JDD – Be – Télérama Sortir – FranceSoir.fr – Sud-Ouest
– Rue89 – La Dépêche – Le Télégramme – Témoignage Chrétien
– l’Arche -
*INTERNATIONAL : Marie Claire (Hungary, Holland, Thaïland, Hong Kong) – Human Right Watch – Die Zeit – Courier – CS Monitor – l’Hebdo – La Cité – Le Courrier de Genève
“Coup de Coeur” at Freelens portfolio reviews and portfolio in L’Oeil de la Photographie magazine
Portfolio in the Journal of Photographie
“Coup de Coeur” of the National Editors Association (ANI) at Visa pour l’Image festival in 2011, for the Kashmiri Half Widows
Promo shootings and albums covers and booklets :
* Poster for the creation “La Douche” Liquide parmi Liquide, de Zalie Bellacicco spring 2011.
* Promo portraits for Marie Modiano – February 2011
* Live promo pictures for Yodélice
– march 2009
* Poster for Mademoiselle K
at the Alhambra march 2009
* Poster for the tour of Luke and Deportivo, 2005
- leave – gregsky
– Wildpath – Despo Rutti
Still photographer on short movies (“I Hate Charlotte”, 2004) and musical videos
Corporate works :
* Pictures for the agency la Netscouade
for their new website, january 2015
* LabCitoyen and SafirLab 2014 for the Institut Français and CFI
* LabCitoyen and SafirLab 2013 for CFI and Institut Français
* Opening gala of the season France-South Africa, for the Institut Français, may 2013
* Expolangues Exhibition, for the Institut Français, february 2013.
* Cultural seasons Croatia and Estonia, october and december 2012
* K-EVA, september 2012
* Opening of the cultural season Estonia in France, november 2011
* Vidéos (directing and editing) for the musical webzine le Hiboo
* Nuit Naïve
* Centenary of the Société Française du Cancer
* Smirnoff at the Festival de Cannes may 2003
06.2016 : Selection of “Angola Rodeo Jail” at the Barrobjectif Photojournalism Festival
02.2015 : Exhibitions “Je suis Charlie” with Haytham photographers at the townhalls of the 3rd and 10th districts in Paris
07.04.2014 : Conference about young photojournalists, Le Havre.
06.04.2014 : Projection “Parole de Photographes” at the festival “L’Oeil Urbain” in Corbeil-Essonnes.
06-07.07.2012 : projection of “The Half-Widows of Kashmir” at la Nuit de la Photo
in Vannes and Auray.
11.06.2011 : projection of “Love Commandos” et “The Forgotten Exodus” at la Nuit de la Photo
in the antique Theater in Orange.
08.01.2010 – 20.02.2010 « Portraits » Centre Culturel Jean Vilar – Marly le Roi – www.ccjeanvilar.fr
2006 “Ville, traces, mouvements” – Espace Confluences, Paris.
2004 : “backstage” – Théatre de l’Essaïon and Cirque Electrique, Paris.
Fine art prints selling :
To help financing my upcoming stories, especially in other countries, I sell prints of my photographs, in limited, signed editions. These prints are done on Fine Art paper, with pigment inks by myself or under my control. Drop me a line to know more about formats and prices.
CV express :
* studies : gratuated bac S and photo school, 3 years of cinema studies at the university Paris VIII
* computers and me : word, photoshop, x-press, premiere, langages html, xml, css
* particular signs : writes and speaks english fluently. Understands german and russian on windy days.
* passions : Writing, black & white, geeking, experimental video, grain, cinema, road-trips, trekking, blur, sailing…
* blog : jusjourney.tumblr.com